Every citizen of the country, male and female, enjoys the right to education and employment in an environment of safety and security. The Constitution of India provides for “Gender Equality” and the “Right to life and liberty” to all persons under Articles 14, 19 and 21.It is thus the duty and mandate of every organization to provide maintenance of the fundamental rights to live and work with dignity for all employees: male and female. At the same time, persons sometimes face violations of their fundamental rights. This necessitates the establishment of safeguards to provide gender equality. Due to the historical reasons, working women, often face difficulties and challenges at the work place, thereby necessitating the need for protective measures that safeguard women’s rights and safety.
The cell aims to empower girl students and faculty, enhance their understanding of issues related to women and to make the college campus a safe place for girls and women and to address the practical issues related to the welfare and equal opportunities for Women faculty, staff and students with the motto of “towards self empowered mind“. With a view to take up women’s issues and problems, the cell aims at creating awareness of their rights and duties. It also provides a platform for women to share their experiences and views regarding their status in the society.
Our Mission is to explore, design and implement ways to bring change in the society and concur to the freedom feminism and Cell shall strive to create a better and just society by empowering women.
Our vision is to acquire the world free of thoughts where women’s rights are to be respected, imposing that women are strong, effective, and well-resourced to collate for achievement and to be free from gender biased society.
There will be three objectives of WEC–
- 1) Advice – This will be persuasive by giving an option, judgment and recommendation.
- 2) Guidance – This will be encouraging by showing the way, educating, influencing and constructing good for women.
- 3) Counseling – A two way collaborative approach to enable females to explore their problems, understand and resolve their problems. This will be a facilitative approach.
Women Empowerment Cell is formed with the following aims:
- 1) Assist females in achieving full potential in education, career & personal life through academic & intellectual growth and personal empowerment.
- 2) The cell would work towards changing societal attitudes and community practices by active participation and involvement of both men and women.
- 3) The cell would facilitate building and strengthening partnerships with civil society, particularly women’s organizations.
- 4) The cell would facilitate congenial working environment for women.
- 5) The cell would facilitate & inspire females for attaining higher education so that the future scope is maximized.
- 6) The cell would organize awareness programs & camps for the less privileged women in the society.
- 7) The cell would be working towards individual counseling, group counseling and educational guidance.
- 8) The cell would be working towards building self confidence among girl students by means of guest lectures and workshops.