Well, this has been our topmost priority ever since this institution was established because about 90-95% students of reserve category get enrolled in every session. The students of MMCT wear a uniform. It is not just about wearing a blazer that has the logo of the institution but a proper uniform. It does not mean we do not allow our students to have the liberty to wear what they prefer, but we urge to establish a sense of equality amongst them. When you wear a uniform, it simply shows togetherness, unity and conveys, “We are Equal.” And aren’t we there already? A simple uniform that they wear gives them another sense of equality makes them more responsible at the same time, and there’s no such differentiation of “I come from this background,” and thus avoiding possible conflicts or unhealthy competitions and psychological obstacles that students are likely to develop due to diversification.
Knowledge should not be a privilege of few; we treat every student as a potential resource and an asset to the society by providing congenial environment where people are not differentiated anyway. Free accommodation in college campus, scholarship opportunities, and providing library books without any charges during their studies, creating career assessments for them based on their own abilities and talents and assist them in goal planning have been our known USPs
- To counsel and guide SC/ ST students and help them to manage academic and personal issues of college life effectively.
- To ensure provisions of an environment where all such students feel safe and secure.
- To provide prompt counseling for any emotional emergencies arising on account of any event at the campus.
- To provide the mechanism to redress the grievance of SC/ST/OBC students, if any
- To ensure protection and reservation as provided in the constitution of India.
- To arrange for special opportunities to enhance the career growth.
- To aware the SC/ST/OBC students regarding various scholarships program of State Govt. and UGC.
- To take such follow up measures to achieve the objectives and targets laid down by the Govt. of India and the UGC.
- To collect reports and information of State Govt. and UGC’s orders on various aspects of education, employment of SC/ST & OBC Students.
- To circulate State Government and UGC’s decisions about different scholarship programs.
- To communicate with the students and motivate them for better future planning.
COMMITTEE FOR PREVENTION OF CASTE BASED DISCRIMINATION (SC/ST)
|Chairman Committee for prevention of caste based discrimination|
|Name:||Mrs. Rashmi Chandrakar|
|Designation:||Assistant Professor, CSE|
|S.No||Name of faculty & Department||Mobile No. & Email id|
|1||Mr. Omesh Chandrakar
HOD, Mechanical Engg.
|2||Ms. Parwati Banjare
Technical Assistant , Workshop
|3||Mr. Basant Verma
|4||Mrs. Dropati Diwan||8823856900
|5||Mr.Amit Kumar Ratre||9575780346