MMCT is a coeducational institution providing equal opportunities to all. Men and women work together in a congenial atmosphere, however if there are any complaints involving physical contacts or advances, demand for sexual favours, sexually tainted remarks, and any unwelcome physical, verbal or nonverbal expressions of a sexual nature; it is addressed and appropriate action is taken. This cell aims at sensitizing the students and staff to work diligently to prevent sexual harassment in the college. Complaints of sexual harassment shall be lodged with the Committee and appropriate disciplinary action is initiated by the members in accordance to the rules and regulations of the college.
Objectives, Roles and Responsibilities of College Internal Complaints Committee:
- Prevent discrimination and sexual harassment, by promoting gender amity among students and employees;
- Make recommendations to the management for changes/elaborations in the Rules for students in the Prospectus and the Bye-Laws, to make them gender just and to lay down procedures for the prohibition, resolution, settlement and prosecution of acts of discrimination and sexual harassment, by the students and the employees;
- Deal with cases of discrimination and sexual harassment against women, in a time bound manner, aiming at ensuring support services to the victimized and termination of the harassment;
- Recommend appropriate punitive action against the guilty party to the Management.
Here it should be noted that according to the Supreme Court guideline Sexual harassment can be defined as “unwelcome” sexually determined behaviour (whether directly or by implication) as:
The following is also sexual harassment and is covered by the committee:
- Unsavory remarks,
- Jokes causing or likely to cause awkwardness or embarrassment,
- Innuendos and taunts,
- Gender based insults or sexist remarks,
- Unwelcome sexual overtone in any manner such as over telephone (obnoxious telephone calls) and the like,
- Touching or brushing against any part of the body and the like,
- Displaying pornographic or other offensive or derogatory pictures, cartoons, pamphlets or sayings,
- Forcible physical touch or molestation and
- Physical confinement against one’s will and any other act likely to violate one’s privacy.
Who can approach Internal Complaints Committee?
Any aggrieved woman who has suffered harassment at workplace can approach ICC Aggrieved woman includes :
- a. Woman who is an employee, or
- b. Someone visiting workplace, or
- c. Student
Frequency of meeting:
Once in a semester(beginning of academic year) and as and when necessary.
INTERNAL COMPLAINTS COMMITTEE
|Chairman Internal Complaints Committee|
|Name:||Dr. Shamita Chakraborty|
|S.No||Name of faculty & Department||Mobile No. & Email id|
|1||Dr.(Mrs.) Kiran Chhabra
HOD, Computer Science & Engineering
|2||Mrs. Shubha Vaghmarey,
HOD Civil Engineering
|3||Mrs. Vandana Chauhan
HOD Electronics & Telecomm. Engineering
|4||Dr. (Mrs.) Pramisha Sharma
|5||Mrs. Indu Chatterjee
Social Activist, NGO, Ishma
|6||Mrs. Shobha Rao
Social Activist, NGO, Ishma